1. To start, what is your name?
2. When did you begin your dance training?
I have been dancing since I was four, but wouldn’t consider my actual “training” beginning until my freshman year of high school, when I started dancing multiple times a week (actually multiple times every day since I was going to a performing arts high school where I was taking dance classes as part of my curriculum)
3. When did you begin choreographing?
Also during my freshman year of high school. I started choreographing solos on myself as I was required to do for midterm or final projects for my dance classes at school. As I progressed through the classes, I began choreographing on other students and absolutely fell in love with it.
4. What is the name of your piece? Lucidity
5. What inspired the creation of your piece?
My piece is inspired by lucid dreams/dreams in general and the relationship and interaction that occurs between the conscious and subconscious mind, and trying to physicalize that relationship with human bodies.
6. How would you describe your movement style in 3 words?
Expressive, dynamic, and fluid.
7. What are your career goals beyond graduation (dance or other)?
Not too specific at this point in time, but I do want to move somewhere and dance with a company, travel and experience as much as I can, and hopefully finally start my own company and/or choreograph for a professional concert dance company.
8. What is your favorite style of dance?
Anything that I can connect with, that draws me in emotionally, that leaves me wanting to see more.
9. Is there anything else you would like to add?
Just that I am excited and grateful that my piece is being performed (Since it is my first full length piece that I have choreographed as a student at WSU)!